WHAT SHOULD YOU DO IF YOU FIND A SWARM ON YOUR PROPERTY?
- Immediately contact a local beekeeper to remove the swarm. FYI: Simple swarm removals will be a free service.
- Provide a description of the swarm to the beekeeper such as its location, how high off the ground, how large is it, how long the bees have been there, and confirmation that they are "honey bees"
- DO NOT DISTURB THE SWARM. In general, honey bee swarms are docile but keep your distance to ensure your safety.
- Remove pets and all animals from the swarm site.
- Important: DO NOT spray the swarm with insecticide!
|ONE SWARM SET UP RESIDENCE IN A CEMENT POT THAT WAS UPSIDE DOWN|